The Bethel Community Gazette
The Bethel Community Gazette
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 • HomeArts DiningNews AdvertiseSubscribe

Fire Safety Reminder

Bethel & Stony Hill Fire Departments recently responded to and quickly extinguished a chimney fire on Dodgingtown Road. The chimney had excessive amounts of creosote build up in the chimney.

The Bethel Fire Department reminds residents that it is very important to have your chimney cleaned by a professional a minimum of once a season, more often if you use it daily for heating your home. The buildup of creosote can ignite easily and cause a fire.

Also keep any combustibles a minimum of 3 feet away from any portion of the fireplace or wood stove.

It is also very important to have working smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors in your home as well.

Visit the website NFPA.org/Public-Education for more fire safety information.


Weather






A proud member of the Bethel Chamber of Commerce

Click here to learn how you can grow your business, too.
Published by Publishing Partners Group, LLC
A Member of The Bethel Chamber of Commerce, The National Newspaper Association and the Society of Professional Journalists