The Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Department was requested to provide mutual aid to assist the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company at a structure fire at McDonalds on Federal Road. Upon arrival, the incident was placed under control. Rescue 2 was then redirected to a fire alarm at 1004 Federal Road.
With the assistance of the Brookfield Fire Marshals office and Water Witch Hose Co. #2 of New Milford, the building was checked and the issue appeared to be an alarm malfunction.
On the way back to the station, Captain Magyar treated the men to a hearty breakfast at Bagelman.